British Coatings Federation (BCF)
The British Coatings Federation is the sole UK Trade Association representing the interests of the decorative, industrial and powder coatings, printing inks and wallcovering manufacturers. Coatings are critical to UK industry, with 300,000 workers relying on our members' products every day, and the UK is a net exporter of coatings and inks. BCF's members represent 95% of the UK sales of coatings, inks and wallcoverings.
The BCF's agenda is to:
• reduce the cost and complexity of regulation
• enhance competitiveness
• ensure a level playing field
• promote the industry and its exports
• work with our supply chain to maximise influence
• enhance the attractiveness of the UK as a manufacturing base
• stimulate sustainable innovation
• attract and train the next generation of talent
Proudly led by the British Coatings Federation, PaintCare brings together local and national government, the waste industry, paint companies, retailers and other stakeholders to help solve the problem of leftover decorative paint. An estimated 55 million litres of waste decorative paint are generated each year in the UK. Most of it finds its way into the domestic waste stream; it then either goes into landfill or gets separated out and disposed of as hazardous waste at considerable cost to local authorities.
PaintCare aims to create a national scheme for leftover decorative paint in the UK, where it can be reused or remanufactured instead of landfilled, creating a ‘circular economy’ model.