Globally, Bunting has developed a reputation as a leading provider of metal separators for the recycling sector. The range of metal separators includes Magnetic Separators, Eddy Current Separators, Metal Detectors and ElectroStatic Separators. Such metal separators remove or recover ferrous, non-ferrous and stainless-steel metal from a diverse range of waste materials including plastics, secondary metals, WEEE, incineration ash, pre-sorted refuse, and even recycled waste tips.
Bunting’s wide range of Magnetic Separators enable the capture or separation of both small and larger ferrous and magnetically-susceptible metals. The range includes:
- Overband and Suspension Magnets, both permanent and electro, for suspension above conveyors to lift and separate ferrous metals such as steel beverage cans;
- The SSSC and HISC Stainless Steel Separators for the ultimate separation of weakly magnetic particles such as fragmented stainless steel;
- Permanent Drum Magnets with both standard strength Ferrite and high strength Rare Earth magnets for removing or recovering large and small ferrous metals;
- Electro Drum Magnets for heavy duty applications such as when recycling steel and incineration ash;
- Pulley Magnets that replace the head pulleys of conveyors transporting waste to separate ferrous metals;
- Drawer Filter Magnets and Grate Magnets for the capture of smaller ferrous metals such as in plastics recycling;
Bunting is one of the world’s leading designers and manufacturers of Eddy Current Separators. Over 30 years, Bunting has developed a range to suit every application needing the effective separation or recovery of small and large non-ferrous metals. The range includes:
- High-Intensity Eccentric (HIE) ECS – for small non-ferrous metals down to 3mm;
- High-Intensity Concentric (HIC) ECS – for small non-ferrous metals down to 10mm;
- R Type ECS – for general recycling applications where non-ferrous metals are above 20mm
- The STROBE Mobile Metal Separator – designed to processes batches of materials at different locations;
Different Metal Detector configurations identify and remove both ferrous and non-ferrous metal contamination and include:
- Conveyor mounted Metal Detectors;
- Free Fall Metals Detectors such as the Machine-mounted All-Metal Separators and quickTRON 03;
For applications where the metal is fine (e.g. copper wire), separation is only possible using the revolutionary new ElectroStatic Separator. Separation occurs by induced an electrostatic charge into a conductive dry-liberated particle. Electrostatic separators commonly feature in conjunction with high-intensity magnetic separators and are successfully used in the plastics and recycling industries.
The type and design of Magnetic Separator, Metal Detector, Eddy Current Separator and ElectroStatic Separator and the recommended location within a plant has been determined following several decades of working with recycling companies globally. There are always variations to plant designs and layouts that mean different types of Metal Separation equipment is needed and an onsite review by a Bunting engineer will help ascertain the best solution.
For further information on removing and recovering metal from waste, please visit our stand and discuss the application with the Bunting technical sales team.
AddressBunting - Redditch
Burnt Meadow Road
Moons Moat North Industrial Estate